Tengizchevroil remains a leader in the oil and gas industry of Kazakhstan. In 2015, TCO successfully achieved production milestones and excelled in a number of key areas.
- No fatalities and overall safety performance was, once again, significantly better than the global oil and gas industry average
- Produced 27.16 million tonnes of oil setting a new record. TCO Plant facilities had high production efficiency
- SGI/SGP and KTL facilities demonstrated world class reliability of 97 percent
- Record sulfur sales with 2.7 million metric tonnes sold. In October 2015 TCO announced the elimination of a sulfur inventory backlog on open pads
- Total payments to Kazakhstan equaled $8.2 billion
- Expenditure of $2.4 billion on Kazakhstani Goods and Services
Tengizchevroil is an acknowledged leader in gas utilization and flaring reduction. Since 2000, flaring is down 93 percent and gas utilization is over 98 percent.
These records and achievements are made possible by TCO’s workforce – a highly skilled, dedicated and professional group. We will continue to invest in their training and provide them with development opportunities to increase their experience.
The creativity and capabilities of the company workforce will be used to advance the Future Growth Project (FGP) and Wellhead Pressure Management Project (WPMP). FGP will expand TCO production capacity by approximately 12 million tonnes a year and create up to 20,000 jobs at the peak of construction.
For 2016, we will strive to achieve zero incidents through attention to personal and process safety, especially during the execution of turnarounds and drilling programs. We strongly believe that TCO employees and contractors are capable of achieving “zero” in personal safety incidents although it will be challenging with the anticipated increase in major capital projects activities.