Tengizchevroil and Aidaraliev Atyrau Oblast Chess Federation announce registration for the IV Open Chess Festival in honor of Kazakhstan Independence Day.
The Festival will take place on December 16-17 at TCO H, 3 Satpaev Str., Atyrau.
The registration is open until December 5, 2014 inclusive. Please, note that slots are limited. Please find out more on IV Open Chess Festival in honor of Kazakhstan Independence Day from information below.
IV Open Chess Festival in honor of Kazakhstan Independence Day Rules
- Open Chess Festival in honor of Kazakhstan Independence Day (hereinafter – Festival) is carried out among amateur and professional chess players from the Republic of Kazakhstan and other countries.
- The coordinator and sponsor of the Festival is Tengizchevroil’s Negotiations and Legal Department.
- Judgment of the Festival games is entrusted upon the Atyrau Oblast Chess Federation, which is represented by S.T. Gaisin.
- More than 500,000 kzt in prizes will be distributed among Festival winners.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Assist in promoting the game of chess in Atyrau Oblast
- Support the national initiative to display the intellect of Kazakhstani people
- Celebrate Independence Day of Republic of Kazakhstan
Festival Participation and Conduction Procedure
- The participation is allowed for amateur and professional chess players, ages 17 and older, from the Republic of Kazakhstan and other countries.
- The Judges Board may allow six players under the age of 17, demonstrating best performance and possessing sport degrees, to participate in the Festival.
The contests will be in the following categories:
- Absolute winner
- First among female players
- Sport veterans ages 60 and above
- The Festival is carried out according to FIDE Code on Swiss system of 9 tours. Time control – 30 minutes per player to complete the game.
- Winners are defined by the scores they gain in all games.
- If two or more players have the same score, they are compared using additional criteria:
- Progress rate
- In-person game
- Victory rate
- Additional game (Armageddon).
- The Appeals Committee is selected before the tournament begins. All claims are accepted in written form within the time set ahead of the games. The Appeals Committee decisions are considered to be the final.
Location and schedule
The Festival will be held December 16-17, 2014 at TCO Headquarters: 3, Satpaev.
10.00 – 10.30 – Registration
10.30 – 13.30 – Rounds І & ІІ
13.30 – 14.00 – Break
14.00 – 14.30 – Opening Ceremony
14.30 – 17.00 – Rounds ІІІ & ІV
9.30 – 12.50 – Rounds V & VII
12.50 – 14.00 – Break
14.00 – 16.10 – Rounds VIІI & IX
16.40 – 17.10 – Closing and Award Ceremony
To register for the Festival, dial 8-701-353-73-48, 8-7122-36-51-12, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for registration is Friday, December 5, 2014.
For additional details please contact: 8-71230-26819, 8-701-353-73-48 or 8-7122-36-51-12.